“I certainly found that I could not even remove VLC Media Player in my computer, how to do it?”, “Dose somebody can tell me how to completely eliminate VLC Media Player from PC?”. If you have problems to uninstall VLC Media Player from Windows operating system, read this VLC Media Player removal guide carefully for help now.
Software information: VLC Media Player, as you see, is just a player for Windows that you can use for music, movie, and website play. VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Be badly in need of uninstalling VLC Media Player, then follow these guides to perform in your computer.
1. Go to the taskbar on the lower right corner>> click the triangle icon to open the hidden apps >> select VLC Media Player >> right click to choose “ Quit”.
2. Click the taskbar >> choose Task Manager >> select the related processes with VLC Media Player >> click End Task.
Now you may perform the following steps to completely &safely uninstall VLC Media Player in a very fast way. In this part, we’ll introduce a quick and safe removal tool for you to fast solve the removal problem in VLC Media Player uninstallation. If you have problem to uninstall VLC Media Player with manual approach or you failed again and again to remove VLC Media Player with Window default uninstaller, then try this convenient tool right away.
Note: no matter you are Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10 (32bit&64bit), this remover is good for every Windows operating system.
Step 1: Select the target.
Run the removal tool, select the target “VLC Media Player”, then click the button “Run Analyze”;
Step 2: Scan related components.
Easily click the button Complete Uninstall to conduct the regular removal of scanning files/folders of VLC Media Player. Then click Yes to continue all leftovers scanned in uninstaller;
Just allow the uninstall process to run by clicking “Yes“.
Click Next to follow the uninstalling process running on your computer;
Step 3: Delete leftovers
A few minutes later by getting through improvement by VLC Media Player, and then easily click on the button of “Delete Leftovers”, click Yes to confirm your removal.
Congratulations, a few seconds later, you’ll receive a successful removed done by this uninstaller. VLC Media Player has been successfully removed from your PC altogether with its leftovers, including 1200 files/folders and 306 registry entries are gone for good.
Or you can just spend a few minutes to watch the full process video to uninstall VLC Media Player with B U from PC bellow:
Of course you can use the Windows default uninstaller in your computer to uninstall VLC Media Player like I said, no matter your device is Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10 (32bit&64bit), they all have its build-in uninstaller, but be careful, many people have been annoyed by this way when trying to eliminate unwanted software/program/application.
We’ll list the example in Windows 8/8.1 &10
1. Click on the Start button in the bottom-left corner of your screen, and select down arrow;
2. You should be looking at the list of currently installed programs in your computer. Locate VLC Media Player and right-click it and choose Uninstall/Change bottom.
3. You’d better check the “Delete preferences and cache” and Uninstall options if you want to completely uninstall VLC Media Player;
4. Now you’re removing the lingering files that the previous steps may leave over. Press and hold Windows key + C on your keyboard, select Search and enter “regedit” in the input field to open the Registry Editor.
5. On the navigator of the Registry Editor window, click Edit > Find…, and search for “VLC” Delete the file(s)/folder (if found) to completely remove VLC Media Player.
6. Delete the target file once it has been searched out;
7. Repeat the same steps in Searching and deleting registry files in all FIVE folders;
8. Finished when the dialog popup saying “finishing searching”;
9. Restart your computer.
1. In the bottom-left corner of your screen, go to Start > Settings > System.
2. Click Apps & Features on the left to see the list of currently installed programs.
3. Locate and select VLC Media Player in the list of programs, and click Uninstall > Uninstall.
4. You’d better check the “Delete preferences and cache” and Uninstall options if you want to completely uninstall VLC Media Player;
6. Now you’re removing the lingering files that the previous steps may leave over. In Search, execute “regedit” to open the Registry Editor.
7. On the navigator of the Registry Editor window, click Edit > Find…, and search for “VLC” Delete the file(s)/folder (if found) to completely remove VLC Media Player.
8. Delete the target file once it has been searched out;
9. Repeat the same steps in Searching and deleting registry files in all FIVE folders;
10. Finished when the dialog popup saying “finishing searching”;
11. Restart your computer.
12. Restart your computer. Then you can choose to check whether your target has been successfully eliminated.
WARNING: You’d better to back up registry in case you have deleted wrong registry during the elimination of VLC Media Player registry entries.
This is the way you should follow to uninstall VLC Media Player. On Windows, try to do it now. Hope it will help you.