Discover how to Uninstall GlassWire on a Windows computer. Absolutely no experience is required. We will start from the basics and cover all steps you need to know.
GlassWire is a network security monitor tool for Windows. It enables users clearly know how safe or bad their current networks are in real time. The main goal is to protect your network privacy and prevent from malware or hijacker attacks. Once detected possible threats or suspicious activities, GlassWire will alter you. If you purely want to monitor your network, detect malicious programs or identify suspicious Internet activities, then the GlassWire will cater your needs.
Reasons to uninstall GlassWire
First you will get how to uninstall GlassWire from Windows Control Panel by using the manual way. You will then make use of technical uninstaller tool to get rid of GlassWire and all its components. By the end of the guide you will have understood which method is right for you to uninstall GlassWire or other unwanted program from Windows.
In this part, we will go through all steps you need to know to uninstall GlassWire by your own hands. The manual guide is right for anyone who are willing to try and uninstall a program with their own efforts.
Section 1: If you are on the older version of Windows:
1. Click Start menu > click Task Manager > Highlight GlassWire program > click End/Close process.
2. Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
4. Highlight and click GlassWire.
5. Click Remove >click Yes to confirm you want to uninstall GlassWire.
Section 2: If you are on Windows 7 and later:
1. Right-click Start menu> click Task Manager > highlight the GlassWire program > click End Task.
2. Right-click Start menu> click Control Panel > click Uninstall a Program. Or you can click Programs and Features option from the Start menu.
3. Scroll down to locate at and highlight the GlassWire program.
4. Click Uninstall. After that, you need to click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the GlassWire program right now.
Please note: Along with the steps mentioned above, you still need to delete the leftover junk files associated with the GlassWire program, like temp files, registry files, and other data and files.
5. Delete the GlassWire leftovers. Check the Programs Files and AppData folders. Press Windows logo key + S to open Search box.
6. Enter %programfiles% in Search box> click %programfiles% folder to open Programs Files folder.
7. In the Program Files window, find out all folders that contain the name of GlassWire. Delete such folders.
8. Enter %appdata% in Search box. You will open the Appdata folder. Delete all folders that contains the name of GlassWire.
9. Open Registry Editor to delete the left registry entries. You can press Win+R key or right-click Start menu and select Run > enter “regedit” in the Open box > press Enter key. The Registry Editor will open.
10. Locate the following keys and delete the keys starting with the name of GlassWire.
If PC runs a 64-bit version of Window: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node
11. Once done, empty your Rubbish and Restart your computer.
In this part, we will walk through every step you need to know about how to uninstall GlassWire through a professional uninstaller tool. There are no technical basics required. The whole process only involves a few of clicks. So, let’s try it now.
1. Before starting the uninstallation, make sure GlassWire is not running. Launch Bloatware Uninstaller > click the GlassWire program > click Run Analysis.
2. Click Complete Uninstall > click Yes to be sure you want to GlassWire from your PC.
3. Click Next to continue the removal.
4. Click Uninstall. GlassWire will be uninstalled from the following folder, seen as the screenshot.
5. Click Finish to close the setup, the GlassWire has been uninstalled from your computer. Uncheck the box if you don’t want to visit GlassWire’s feedback web page on uninstall. Click Scan Leftovers.
6. Click Delete Leftovers > click Yes to be sure you want to delete all leftovers associated with the GlassWire program. Once done, Restart your computer.
Refer to a simple video guide with step by step instructions for how to uninstall GlassWire from a Windows-based computer:
Till now, if you still have some doubts about how to uninstall GlassWire through the manual way, we suggest you give this Bloatware Uninstaller tool a Try. It will make it much easier that you ever could.